SUN RISE ACADEMY
Lower Begha, Jorethang, West Sikkim
Sun Rise Academy is established in the year 2005 affiliated to the State Board Elementary Education located at Lower Begha, Jorethang, West Sikkim. The school is run under the overall guidance of SMC members and as per State/CBSE Board rule, and has a team of highly experienced and qualified professionals and trained teachers, who are all working for the best future of our nation through establishing quality education system.
Sun Rise Academy aims at bringing out responsible, patriotic, secular and spiritual persons committed to the welfare of every human being. We strive to form persons who are dedicated to promote justice, peace and love in the World. Our mission is to create visionaries for the nation, to bring out innate talents and promote holistic growth in the children and to inculcate love of god and love for neighbor in every child.
The faculties of Sun Rise Academy includes energetic and enthusiastic teachers with acclaimed credentials of learning and teaching abilities headed by an erudite scholar and administrator of proven acumen. The school offers CBSE/State Board curriculum, the medium of instruction is English. Beyond the framework and requirements of the State/National Board, Sun Rise Academy extends to ensure global learning.
A student leaving our school will have grown as an individual who is happy, well-mannered and able to find fulfillment in his life and in service to others. He will be thoughtful, open-minded and be able to lead. He will want to have a positive impact on his community and the world
- Listening to pupils is the key to any good school
- Involving them in some decision-making will encourage their social development as future citizens
- We expect excellent behaviour from everyone in school, positive rewards and fairly applied sanctions are used to promote this.
- A caring attitude towards others leads to everyone’s feelings and beliefs being respected.
- Our daily act of collective worship helps our children to grow socially, morally, culturally and spiritually
- Regular praise and a feeling of security help to develop self-esteem and an open and questioning mind.
- Curiosity, perseverance and a prevailing “can do” attitude helps children to develop independence in their learning.
- Play is an important element of our curriculum which encourages deep learning & fosters greater enjoyment of school life for children and staff
Teaching & Learning
- Our core purpose is to provide high quality Teaching and Learning. Children learn in many different ways so we aim to teach using many different styles:
- We encourage children to have a growing awareness of their own learning through widespread use of the Building Learning Power framework and by applying the principles of Assessment for Learning within the classroom
- We use the Critical Skills Programme to develop a whole-class learning culture
- Children learn individually, in pairs, in small groups or as a whole class
- We maximize direct first hand learning whenever possible including our regular WOW events
- The classroom is silent, quiet or sometimes very noisy!
- The teacher talks, demonstrates, listens, observes, guides, assesses and disciplines.
- We employ a carefully chosen range of teaching styles and classroom organization depending on the learning objectives of the lesson.
- We acknowledge that pupils may have a preference for visual, auditory or kinesthetic learning styles and plans to use all of these approaches
- Dedicated faculties are encouraged to constantly develop their teaching expertise and are empowered to take risks in the classroom to ensure the curriculum is exciting for children.
ACTIVITIES AND FACILITIES
The Student’s Success Workshop
Our school conducts specialized workshop namely “The Student’s Success” for the student of 5th to 12th standard. The workshop is design and developed by the expertise from Kota, Rajasthan for slow learning and average student to make their study easy and interesting. The content of this workshop includes the following:-
- Special Mathematical Techniques
- Quantitative Aptitudes
- Logical Reasoning
- Memory Retention
- Motivation and Cognitive Skill Training
- Goal Setting
- Personality Development
The “Student Success Workshops helps in memory retention, fast calculation techniques, confident personality, fearless attitude, motivation to win, no more pressure and stress. The content helps the student to overcome the fear and bored feeling about studies. As it helps them to learn with fun.
Educational Journal : “The Student’s Success”
“The Students’ Success” is an editorial in the form of News-Paper issued on monthly basis at a nominal cost of Rs.25-30/-per month for one journal meant for school students preparing for competitive examinations in different areas. The student reading/utilizing this journal on monthly basis will have an annual outcome of complete set of various important books at a nominal cost for which they don’t need to buy expensive books from market which may cost them more Rs. 5,000/ and more, However, we provide “The Students’ Success”Annual subscriptions at a nominal cost of Rs. 360/- annually.
It covers everything that is asked in different competitive and entrance examinations,education journal held for selection of candidates for jobs/admission at renowned school/colleges/universities throughout India. The content of this educational journal is specially designed for school student of 4th standard to 12th standard. Following are the topics covered in this educational journal:-
- Current Affairs
- Places in News
- News Overviews
- General Knowledge Question
Misc. General Knowledge
General Knowledge MCQ
Science and Technology
North-East Special Facts and Figures
- Indian Polity
- Indian Economics
- General Science
“The Student’s Success” journal is published by incollaborations with School of Hope Foundation and is provided to the student on monthly basis at a nominal cost. The content of the journal is prepared and designed by expertise from Kota, Rajasthan with the objective of giving solutions to the students of 4th to 12 Standard.
Annual Sports Day
On this day, students from classes KG to 12 perform drills. Other schools participate in the sports. It is one of the most popular activities and people from all places come to watch it.
Annual Day Celebration
The annual day celebration is usually held in September. It is a grand extravaganza of theatrics, dance and music and draws a wide audience of students, parents and teachers.
Co-Curricular Activities (CCA)
Co-curricular activities facilitate in the development of various domains of mind and personality such as intellectual development, emotional development, social development, moral development and aesthetic development. Creativity, Enthusiasm, and Energetic, Positive thinking are some of the facets of personality development and the outcomes of CCA. Some of the activities that are conducted on last day of the week during last period are as follows:-
- Drawing Competition
- Essay Competition
- Quiz Competition
- Peom Recitation Competition
- Fancy Dress Competition
- Solo/ Group Dance Competition
- Skit Competition
- Solo/ Group Singing Competition
The school provides different tournaments for students in the fields of basketball, football, Cricket, Volley Ball, Kabaddi, Badminton etc.
The school takes the students of class 8 and above to a camping expedition. This usually happens during the months of October and November.
The school caters to not just subjects prescribed by the CBSE but also includes subjects like Moral Science and other facilities as below:-
(a) Medical Room
(b) Computer Lab
(c) Science Lab (Physics Lab, Biology Lab, Chemistry Lab)
(e) Counseling Room
(g) Music Room
(h) Sport cum Yoga Room and sports ground
(i) Art Room
The school conducts Parents Teachers Meet on monthly basis.
The school believes not only counseling of the children but also to the parents too. Therefore, it keeps the track that every parent has the knowledge of his child’s activities in school and the responsibilities of school and the parents too. Therefore, it conducts counseling of every parent too.
- Academic Reputation
- Co-Curricular Education
- Sports Education
- Holistic Development
- Individual Attention
- Leadership Quality
- Special Need Education
- Innovative Teaching
- Value for Money